Airstream Foundation, Inc.
Effective Date: May 25, 2022
Last Modified: May 25 , 2022
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Airstream Foundation;
- Through the Website and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Website and Services;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
This Policy does NOT apply to information you provide to or that is collected by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or through a sponsored clinical trial, which is subject to other data collection processes and policies.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, information that we use to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. If you provide it this may also include payment, credit card, or other billing information.
- Non-Personal Information. This includes, but is not limited to, user behavior on our Services and aggregated generic information. This is information that is about you but individually does not identify you.
- Usage information. This includes, but is not limited to, information about your device including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, page interaction information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. We collect information that you provide to us, including but not limited to, information you provide by filling in forms on our Services, such as information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material on the Website, or requesting further services on the Website. This may include user generated content, comments, posts, reviews, profile information, images, videos and other recordings, survey responses, and information you provide about third parties. We may also ask for this information when you report a problem with our Services or exercise your privacy rights and choices (see “Your Privacy Rights and Choices”).
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage information as described above, and we also may use these technologies, at times in connection with third party services, to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.This Website uses “cookie” technology to obtain non-Personal Information from online visitors. We don’t extract Personal Information in this process. Rather, cookies allow us to update and improve our Website. Even if you set your browser not to accept cookies, you can still use most of the features of the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for several reasons:
- To present our Services and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To set up, maintain and support our Services;
- To monitor the use of our Services in order to detect security incidents;
- For internal marketing purposes, such as marketing research;
- To communicate about, promote, and administer our services, events, programs, and promotions (including sending marketing communications, promotional materials, notices, alerts, newsletters, and conducting sweepstakes and contests);
- To notify you about changes to our Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- With affiliates or subsidiaries, business partners, service providers, or other third parties we use to provide you with the Services and its contents and functions. We use third party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as billing and payment processing;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Airstream Foundation, our customers, or others.
[Data Transfers to Other Countries/Territories
At times we may need to share your personal data with our affiliates and third-party service providers. For Data Subjects from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we may transfer your Personal Information outside the EEA for processing pursuant to the purposes outlined above. When you provide us Personal Information, you understand and agree that it may be transferred across national boundaries and processed outside the EEA, including by trusted third parties. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We may transfer personal information to the United States or elsewhere and process it there, in accordance with applicable law and regulation and using appropriate safeguards when necessary.]
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your Privacy Rights and Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. Note that some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly if you do so.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your information used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us using the information provided in this Policy.
Contact us as provided in the “Contact Us” section of this Policy to submit requests to us, including: (1) update your preferences; (2) limit the communications you receive from us; (3) request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us; (4) request us not to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes; (5) request that we limit or disable location tracking; and (6) request that we not use information that we collect to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences.
Note: We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Certain data protection laws may provide you with more privacy rights than those listed above, depending on your citizenship or residency.
Additional Privacy Rights for Individuals in the [European Economic Area (“EEA”) and] California
[There are certain laws which provide individuals with additional privacy rights. Under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), individuals in the EEA have additional privacy rights:
- Right to be Informed. Individuals have the right to transparency regarding our collection of personal data.
- Right of Access. Individuals have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- Right of Rectification. Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- Right to Restrict Processing. An individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability. This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- Right to Object. In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- Rights of Automated Decision Making and Profiling. The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us using any of the methods provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware that under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.
You may file a complaint with EU data protection authorities (“DPAs”). A list of DPAs from the European Commission may be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/document.cfm?action=display&doc_id=50061.]
California Privacy Rights
To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, including the California Consumer Privacy Act or other state privacy laws, you may have the right to direct or ask Airstream Foundation:
- To delete any personal information about you
- To not sell personal information about you
- To tell you:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom it shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about you.
- The categories of personal information about you that it has sold, the categories of third parties to whom it sold the personal information, and which category(ies) of personal information were sold to each third party.
- The categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Note: You have a choice as to whether you want to share personal information with us. We will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising these rights. If you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain services and/or the functionality and features of certain services may be limited or inoperable.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you by the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
Contact Us To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Airstream Foundation, Inc.
1001 West Pike Street
Jackson Center, OH 45334-0629